All three of us sisters are busy moms!! We each have two jobs in addition to parenthood! Rosemary Collective is new to Pinterest, can you help us get followers?
THE REBEL’S MANIFESTO
- Do the opposite of what you were taught. In school.
- Care not for the opinions of others. They are based on their own thoughts and fears.
- Study the work of other rebels. Steal things from them. Research with fury.
- Forget about the competition. They are on a different path than you. Trends are for suckers.
- “There’s nothing we really need to do that isn’t dangerous.” – John Cage Do the things that scare you on a regular basis.
- Make a mess.
- Embrace your dark side. Your so called “dark qualities” (or lables) are a source of great power. Find a way to incorporate them into your work. Feature them. Pay particular attention to what makes you angry.
- Exercise your voice. Put your thoughts, ideas and opinions out into the world even if it scared the shit out of you. (see number 5).
- Expand your horizons. Leave home. Visit other places/cultures. Wander aimlessly.
- Never limit your playtime. Even if your brain is telling you otherwise. All of your best stuff comes from it if you allow yourself to remain open to the unknown.
- Question EVERYTHING.
- Follow your heart.
I ran into this “Rebel’s Manifesto” today and kind of fell in love. Sometimes I feel as though my life is cluttered… but I feel justified after reading this because a lot of the clutter is due to play time, mess making, and hopefully, expansion of my horizons. I would also like to believe that this Rosemary adventure that we have embarked on has come from making a mess, researching with fury, questioning everything, exercising our voices, a little bit of embracing our dark sides but mostly following our hearts.
Working with what you have:
- Pile on good accessories! Scarves, Sunglasses, Hats, & Statement Jewelry (instantly transform even the most basic outfit).
- Hoop earrings are a classic style that every woman (regardless of age) should have, but the type depends on your face. If you have a thin face, go for larger round or embellished hoops. If you have a round face an elongated hoop or drop style is best.
- Marquise ring shapes help to create the illusion of longer, more slender fingers, even on small wide hands. Pear or oval stones are also flattering.
- V-neck sweaters and tees give the illusion of a longer torso.
- It’s a myth that loose styles flatter a large bust or a plus-size woman. The area just under the bust is a woman’s smallest torso measurement, so emphasizing it with a structured waistband that hits higher than your natural waist will make you look a size smaller.
- To achieve the perfectly effortless cuffed sleeve, keep the top button (which is called the gauntlet) buttoned while you roll.
- Still look chic while showing some skin: If you’re wearing a miniskirt or shorts, cover up on top. If your top is skimpy, go for full-coverage bottoms.
- Pair flirty, feminine dresses with masculine spectator shoes for an effortless and unexpected look.
- Looking for an easy trick to make your bare legs look longer? Try pumps the same color of your skin, which gives give the illusion that your legs extend a few extra inches.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a well-fitting, stylish winter coat. You can be wearing pajamas underneath and you’ll still look perfectly put together.
- For guaranteed weight loss, I advise people to follow my A, B, C’s – no Alcohol, Bread or processed Carbs.
Before you buy:
- Clean out that closet! If you haven’t used it in a year, you don’t need it!! Let it go…
- Try the one for one option. For everything you buy throw something out!
- Cut down your closet by 25% by asking yourself this one question: “If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?” If the answer’s no, out it goes.
- The easiest way to make your closet look organized: Buy all the same hangers for everything–same color, same shape.
- If you’re unsure about an impulse or sale purchase, leave it at the store. If you’re still thinking about it when you wake up the next day, buy it.
- The secret to well-fitting everyday clothes is Lycra. The formulas to look for: 95% cotton/5% Lycra spandex for T-shirts, and at least 2% Lycra for jeans to hold their shape.
- If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method: You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.
- Double-stick tape work to shorten a hem in a pinch if you can’t get to the tailor before an event.
- Panty lines are not okay! Every woman should invest in nude, seamless underwear
Keep your wardrobe dialed!
- Remove odors from vintage or thrift clothing by spritzing them with a mixture of one part vodka, two parts water.
- Remove white deodorant marks from a garment by gently rubbing the protective foam used on hangers against the fabric.
- If you get an oil stain on your favorite handbag, coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone. If a bit still remains, repeat the process until the stain is completely gone.
- To clean dirt off suede, remove the crust from a piece of bread and allow it to become stale. Gently rub dirt and stains with the edge of the stale bread, and they’ll disappear. To de-scuff suede, use an eraser or nail file.
- Add a 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to the final rinse cycle while doing laundry to maintain the wash of your favorite pair of dark jeans.
- Spray shirts prone to sweat stains with lemon juice before washing. The natural acid dissolves alkaline sweat reside that could cause yellow discoloration.
- The best at-home method to keep diamonds sparkling: liquid dishwasher detergent and an old toothbrush.
- Pour a dash of vodka into vase water to extend the life of your flowers.
- Looking for uses for all the single socks you’ve amassed while doing laundry? When you’ve got aches or pains, fill a sock with dry beans or rice and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Voila, an instant (and free) heating pad.
- To stretch tight shoes, fill two freezer bags with water and place into each shoe. Let it freeze overnight. As the water freezes, it’ll gently expand your shoes.
If you are like many women in the United States you are juggling work, family, friends, exercise, nutrition, fun and sometimes religion. This can be a tricky business and can make an expert multi tasker out of the most laid back of mothers.
In this blog you get the benefit of Lanaes expertise. She is one mother who manages to run an online business as well as working a full time job, raising two hell-raising boys, and somehow still finds time to assist her husband, who also runs his own business. In her spare time you will find her helping neighbors and local church friends. She still cooks, works out and is chipper and happy every time you see her. And did I mention the most important part, that she looks FABULOUS at all times!
What I want to know is how she does it, or give me some of what she is having!! Anyway, this section of our blog is dedicated to helping you be a woman with many arms. Lanae will be sharing the tricks and secrets she uses to “Pull it all off”!